President of Rampart Homes, John R. King is a second-generation Sarasota, Florida home builder. John is a Graduate Master Remodeler (GMR), a professional designation held by a selected few. In fact, only 57 contractors in the United States and only 2 in the state of Florida have this accomplished.
Whether it is a new home or a major renovation, John's job is to ensure that the project is well built, on time and within budget. He is a seasoned professional in the building industry with over 30 years of building experience. He holds a Masters Degree in Psychology from USF and is a licensed mental health therapist. But, for John, building is a labor of love and a way of life.
In 2002, John earned the NAHB Award for Community Service. John headed up and coordinated the design, construction, and delivery of a fully ADA compliant home for a local family with a young boy who had recently been the victim of a Pop Warner Football field injury. You can read more about the story here.
Through years of passionate interest and experience, John has developed the special skills and ability necessary to build and remodel beautiful homes. Sharing his passion is a group of talented trades people carefully selected by virtue of their special skills and ability. This is the team who crafts each Rampart home. John looks for people who really care for their craft, who love buildings, whose goal is to create a thing of beauty, and who strive to leave behind a home to be proud of.
King runs a lean operation with a person for scheduling, accounting, sales, customer service, for Real Estate and a construction manager. Company personnel are adept at understanding building codes and working closely with building officials; managing the regulatory maze often associated with coastal reconstruction rules; and marketing on the Internet. The net result is a long list of satisfied clients, and many more anxious to have Rampart fulfill their lifestyle dreams.
A ttention to
A ttention to
John R. King has been a Certified Master Remodelor™ for nine years and holds the designations of Certified Green Professional™ and Certified Aging in Place Specialist. These designations are only earned through additional education set in place by the National Association of Home Builders with nationally defined criteria for previous experience, adhere to prescribed business standards, and engage in continuing education. As a CGP and CAPS professional, John incorporates green building principles as well as aging-in-place practices into all of his projects.
Credentials of John R. King, President, Rampart Homes, Inc.
State of Florida Certified Building Contractor:
Florida Real Estate Broker:
License # CBC 1257785
License # BK 0403858
National Home Builder Association Designations Held
- Certified Master Remodelor (only one of two in Florida)
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist
- Certified Green Professional
Home Builders Association of Manatee-Sarasota (formerly the Home Builders Association of Sarasota)
- President, Board of Directors twice
- 7 Time Winner of the Parade of Homes
- Former President (1999/2000 & 2005/2006)
- Remodelors Council Chairman
Florida Home Builders Association
- Remodelor of the Year
- Former Chairman, Remodelors Council
- Former Vice Chairman, Remodelors Council
National Association of Home Builders
- Winner of NAHB Award for Community Service
- Life Member of the Spike Club
Sarasota County Development Services
- Sarasota County General Contractors Licensing & Examination
- Board Member (GCLEB)
Other Memberships & Qualifications
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of The United Way
- Recognized as a Top 500 Remodeler - Qualified
- Remodeler Magazine Group
- Member Gulf Coast Builders Exchange
- Member Sarasota Board of Realtors
- The Home Owners Warranty Council of
- Sarasota/Manatee Counties
- Who's Who among Outstanding Business Executives
- EPA Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair and Painting Program Certified
- John King: Certified Renovator - Rampart Homes: Certified Firm
2000 NAHB President Robert Mitchel, John King, NHE Chairman Roger Glunt